Proposal Do's & Don'ts
- Think about the kind of person she is and how she would like to be proposed to.
- Get a "Wilshi" - The Proposal Ring®" that suits her personality.
- If she is an old fashioned girl, follow tradition and ask her father first. He’s bound to be the same, and if you’re going to get along with him for the rest of his life, it will pay dividends later.
- Have a Plan B. If you are planning an outdoor proposal it's important to have a backup idea if the weather turns foul. In fact any marriage proposal needs an alternative strategy. No matter how careful you have been, something can easily go wrong.
- Remember that your proposal will be a lasting memory for both of you, do some preparation, she will love you for it.
- Ask the advice of unreliable mates.
- Do it publicly unless you really know "Yes" will be her answer.
- Spend up on an engagement ring design that you are not confident she will like.
- Decide that a good time is late on Friday night when you’ve just beaten your old rugby mates in a drinking game.
- Ask her best friend what she thinks. All girls are different and her best friend may have a completely contrary idea of what’s romantic.